Thursday

Katherine's Picks Fall Fashion

Working at a fashion magazine makes the months—and certainly the seasons—zip by. (click image to enlarge)

At WhoWhatWear.com, our lead-time is at least a month ahead, but we see (and study) the upcoming season’s collections months before the items hit stores.

There are a lot of collections that I flipped for last February: I loved the color palettes at Halston and Proenza Schouler, the washed leather at Alexander Wang, all of the boots and bags at Etro, and pretty much everything by Jenni Kayne. Beyond these, there was one collection that truly stood out, my obsession, otherwise known as Balmain. Every punky, sequined little dress made me want to go clubbing (quite a feat if you know my lifestyle) and the high-heeled moccasin booties made me want to cry with tears of joy. Unfortunately, this collection is sparsely available in the US (you can buy some pieces of the clothing on Net-A-Porter and Browns) and the prices are quite high. That said, I've decided to channel the collection in my own way, through vintage pieces mixed with budget basics (for all of you WWW subscribers, expect an "Inspired By: Balmain story" coming soon to your inbox).

2. Alexander Wang Beanie ($175)
Like most young women interested in fashion, I love Alexander Wang. I purchased quite a few fall pieces from his collection, but I think this cashmere beanie is possibly the item I'm most excited about. I'll wear it all winter, and it's one of those key pieces that will be fit to store and bring back out year after year.

3. Felder Felder Studded Belt ($254)
I’d been looking for the perfect black belt for the new season and happily found this one by Felder Felder. It’s so versatile: I can wear it with my low-slung Current/Elliott Boyfriend Jeans or at my natural waist over a t-shirt dress.

4. Dries Van Noten Sandals ($740, available in Barneys stores now)
I love the combo of the black and brown leather of these Dries Van Noten shoes just as much as its colorful cousins. Both please!

5. Fables by Marti Heil Scissorhand Cuff Bracelet ($595)
When this sterling silver cuff came through our office, I knew I had to have one. This piece perfectly represents this season’s silver jewelry trend: it’s simultaneously tough, sleek, and glam rock chic.

6. Elizabeth & James Baroness Jacket ($565, avail October 15) and Bell Skirt ($365, avail in October 15)
Elizabeth and James continues to inspire me. I love this velvet baroness coat. It has a huge embroidered scarab on the back and it’s truly a standout piece! I’m also crazy about the Bell Skirt, which I’ll wear with a little gray sweater and my black lace tights.

7. Etro Purple Leather Fringe Bag ($1880)
As I mentioned, I’ve been flipping out over Etros handbags. I love the fringe and I love that it’s purple—I just can’t help but think of Prince. For availability, try Etro’s website or 212.247.1200 and tell them you’re looking for bag style number: 1A678 2636.

8. Topshop Snake Ring ($18.50)
Topshop is one of my go-to spots for trendy and inexpensive accessories. You can mix this snake ring with a couple of real pieces of jewelry and a nice watch, no one will ever know it was only $18!

Besides my Doc Martens, the other footwear style I’m going to wear this fall is over-the-knee boots. This trend makes such a statement that (off the runway, at least) it’s best to choose a super simple pair like these from Joie.

10. Kova & T Yasi Dress ($495, available September 1st)
I can’t think of a better place for my Oxy Leggings than underneath this sexy dress by Kova & T. If you haven’t checked out their whole fall collection, you’re missing out!

11. Elle Macpherson Intimates Dentelle Underwire Bra ($60)
Elle Macpherson Intimates makes the most fashionable bras that perfectly peek out from underneath sheer tees and tank tops. This nude French lace bra has gorgeous details and is one of the collection’s loveliest pieces.

(whowhatwear.com) Click in above... or here home-page and celebrity trends

2 comments:

BOWMAN-12 said...

Ready for everyday excursions, this water repellent, breathable jacket from The North Face is designed to protect you from year-round weather conditions. down vest The HyVent� soft-shell exterior is finished with a dry-touch coating that eliminates the need for a mesh lining.

Unknown said...

All women own some designer clothes. What may vary is the kind of Resale Designer Clothing
that are owned, and also the number of designer