Sunday

A perfect "10" [details]


Manzanillo

I'll have some Manzanillo with that Margarita, Por Favor!

I was looking for a place to relax and a quick getaway, when Manzanillo, and the gorgeous Grand Bay Resort, dropped into my lap. I hadn't thought of Manzanillo. I had remembered it from the movie, "10," with Bo Derrick. Remember the famous scene of her running on the beach... welcome to Manzanillo!

Where is Manzanillo?

Mexico! A quick getaway to somewhere exotic and tropical. Approximately 2 1/2 hours down south into Mexico, with direct flights from several major west coast cities. I left LAX and within no time, was walking on this amazing beach, with a cocoa loco in hand. Manzanillo lies in between Acapulco and Puerto Vallarta.

I arrived on a Friday-early evening. I had taken the direct flight from LAX into ZLO (Manzanillo) and gained 2 hours. It was an easy flight and the landing has to be one of the most amazing around... the airstrip sits within 10 feet of the beach, so as you land parallel to the ocean, you see this beautiful water on one side, and a lush forest on the other. Unlike Cabo, it is extremely tropical.

Their system of checking your bags, lies with a simple button that looks as if you're about to launch a missile test. If the light buzzes green... it's a go, and they don't ask to check your bags. If it buzzes red.. guess what... some very polite airport official, asks that you open a bag or two. It is a very laid back area, and right away, you feel as if you have left civilization miles away. Click above for more details...

No comments: