Sunday

Party Over Here! [details]


St. Barts

It is hard for me to actually relax while traveling, without turning much needed down time into a location scout, or writing assignment. (Hence, this writing assignment!) In my search for a new relaxing vacation destination I called a friend who suggested an amazing little island in the Caribbean called St. Barts. I knew he would know where to go, and it sounded like the perfect little island, with beautiful white sand beaches, and crystal blue swimming pool waters.

While we spoke about St. Barts, my friend made another suggestion. Bring my party clothes. Party clothes? Here I was discussing how much I needed the time to relax, and yet, I was considering this place where sunsets gave way to evenings filled with decadent parties on yachts, at villas, and in restaurants on the beach? "Trust me, its paradise" he said, "Be careful... I know you, you'll fall in love". He abruptly said his good-bye, and I was left with intrigue. I took his advice and I booked my ticket to paradise.

Eight Square Miles

St. Barts was discovered by Christopher Columbus and named after his brother, Bartolomeo. You might not have heard of it, or heard very little about it, because it has been one of the world's best-kept secrets. When I say little, I mean tiny. The island is only eight square miles in size. St. Barts across from St. Martin, and it is very French. Most everyone speaks French who live there. There aren't any cruise ships allowed in the waters around St. Barts, and there is little to no tourism promotion. You almost have had to find out about St. Barts via a recommendation, or just by accident. Click above for more details...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Whoever wrote this is such a beginner! It gets dumber, younger, and fizzles with the 'gee-whiz' school of travel blog. Just go back to Orlando, or Orange County or Oregon and leave St Barths to the grown-ups.